This Any Kind of Jam & Oatmeal Bars recipe was created and contributed by Becky Hoff, who says: “This recipe would work well with any kind of jam. One-and-a-half cups (12 ounces) of jam seems to be just the right amount.”
Any Kind of Jam & Oatmeal Bars Ingredients
1 cup (16 Tablespoons) room temperature unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups oats
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ cups (12 ounces) jam of your choice
Any Kind of Jam & Oatmeal Bars Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla until fluffy.
3. Whisk together dry ingredients (not the jam), then mix them into butter mixture. This will resemble a slightly dry cookie dough.
4. Press 2/3 of the mixture into a greased 9″ x 13″ pan. Spread jam over the top, then crumble remaining dough over the jam layer.
5. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes, until brown on top. Cool on a rack, cut into bars, and serve.
For more inspiring recipe ideas, see Preserving with Pomona’s Pectin: The Revolutionary Low-Sugar, High-Flavor Method for Crafting and Canning Jams, Jellies, Conserves, and More by Allison Carroll Duffy and the Pomona’s Partners, published by Fair Winds Press, June 2013, and available in paper or ebook everywhere books are sold.
Pomona’s Pectin is available at your local natural food store, food co-op, and many farm stands. Find it also at Sur La Table and a growing number of more conventional grocery stores with natural food sections (Wegmans, Hy-Vee, Rosauers, Nugget Markets, Coborns, Fairway, and others). If you can’t find a store near you on our store locator, you can order from our website or many other online sellers.